Thursday, September 13, 2007

James River Landscape :"Softly September"


Softly September©2007C.L.Burgessoil 5 x 7


This is the reason I have been offline for a while. It is not for lack of painting.
I have my first gallery group show currently at Visual Arts Studio on Broad St. in Richmond VA. The "soft" opening last Friday was successful.
I have 30 small landscapes in oil on display and have sold some already!! The one depicted here is the title of the show. It will continue into October 26th and have another First friday in October which is the real opening of the season here in Richmond. Talk about luck...two months of exposure!
Anyway, the night was packed with people and music. It was splendid.
And ....I will have a small breather then continue to seek representation elsewhere. And of course, my little daily works will resume.
Post a Comment

Off the Rails : Abstraction

Preventing madness by making art. Abstraction serves this purpose well. Also preparing for another show in October. Part 2 of Grounded:...

Popular posts