Saturday, December 06, 2008

A Journey: Artist's Day Out

US Captiol Building below & Natural History Museum Wash.DC

What a treat this past Thursday!

Spent the entire day in our Nation's capital and a lovely night in Alexandria.
Went in to see people and art. People looking, drinking eating and absorbing
a glorious day weatherwise and otherwise.

While there I saw a newly discovered Dutch painter, Jan Lievens,
see http://www.nga.gov/exhibitions/lievensinfo.shtm Lievens

I had to also take in my love for Vermeer and Rembrandt. I then headed back to Va for more fun.
The next post will attempt to show what I learned from the Dutch.


Post a Comment

Ode to Spring:Cherry Blossoms

Spring.  Ahh how lovely  the cherry blossoms! new work at Art on 4th Ave NW Hendersonville, NC Spring 12x12 oil on panel ©201...

Popular posts