Thursday, March 12, 2009

Elka:Portrait of a woman

oil on linen raymar panel 16x20
This is the portrait I did today with my painter friend, Paul, in his studio.
Elka is a beautiful young woman new to Richmond and is native to Brazil.
She is looking for an art teaching job and modeling while she waits.
She actually sat for us for 3 hours with no break!!!

Of course she was reclining but still....amazing.
Next week I will try the full odalisque thing we arranged for her.
She is wearing an alizaron crimson colored sari with gold braiding.
This is under natural north light.

P.S. to my morning post....Oh and I did bake the most scrumptious carrot cake(from scratch) for my husband.
Wonders never cease.
Now I can collapse.
Post a Comment

Ode to Spring:Cherry Blossoms

Spring.  Ahh how lovely  the cherry blossoms! new work at Art on 4th Ave NW Hendersonville, NC Spring 12x12 oil on panel ©201...

Popular posts