Sunday, March 15, 2009

In just spring...


..whenever that will be... can't help feeling gloomy with all the rain and cold out there this March......
but wait. Yes, I can. I will.
Poetry and art and Mahler's Symphony#9.
This poem by e.e. cummings has been a favorite of mine since I first heard it at the tender age of 14.
When I feel like I do today...I read it...and smile.
How can you not when you see these words? This is the line I love. The reader is a child again.

In Just spring...when the world is puddle-wonderful ....

So, I ran outside and rescued some daffodils again and began a new painting. This is a closeup of one of the flowers. It is the hardest to paint, I think. White is never white when translated into the painting medium. A standard challenge for students of all levels. And the light made the yellow gray!!! What fun it is to really see color. And the glorious struggle to convey that.

I documented the progress of the painting intending to post a "how to". We'll see.
The teacher in me is crying to come back, I think.
Anyway...away went the blahs with the contemplation of the narcissus and puddles of much needed rain.


Post a Comment

Cathyann Burgess-Open Studio Tour Hendersonville NC

©️2017Winter Hill 12x12 cold wax and oil on cradled panel It has been a busy studio year for me! Back to back show opportunities pr...

Popular posts