Thursday, March 26, 2009

Three Good Hours-Portrait of Leigh


16 x 20 oil on raymar linen panel
This felt like ice skating. I use that metaphor because, even though it was quite a while ago, I still remember how graceful I felt gliding and twirling and not worrying about anything. When this happens as I paint, I sometimes I think someone else is using my hands. Does anyone else feel this? I guess that is the magic, and it always brings me to my knees to thank God I can do this thing called painting.
I had fun with the palette knife, too. The knife feels to me like pastel sticks. You have to use it with bravura. Sometimes, when under time constraints, I can perform.
This was a good night. I won't nitpick today.

Post a Comment

Off the Rails : Abstraction

Preventing madness by making art. Abstraction serves this purpose well. Also preparing for another show in October. Part 2 of Grounded:...

Popular posts