Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day - "9/11"


This is an image that I created in response to our tragic loss as people and nation in 2001. To me it represents both darkness and light. Despair and hope.Chaos and peace. This is for us all.


I have only shared this with a few of my closest friends up until now. I do not usually work in the abstract. But this was such a horrendous event that nothing else would do. It was my way at the time, to cope with unspoken feeling. Today, it is still a reminder to address what I cannot comrehend still.
After watching public TV and the tribute to both living and dead brave men and women of this nation, I slept restless and arose with such sadness. Did anyone else see the telecast from DC yesterday? Did anyone else come away with unease, rather than national pride? 
I am grateful to all the people who have fought so I can live here and thrive. That is not the issue at hand. But there is something else I can't quite put my finger on that is monumentally disturbing.

This posted image is my way of remembering and honoring those lost forever and those living with battle remnants both physical and emotional and their families. Thank you for your service. Past, present and continued.
Post a Comment

Ode to Spring:Cherry Blossoms

Spring.  Ahh how lovely  the cherry blossoms! new work at Art on 4th Ave NW Hendersonville, NC Spring 12x12 oil on panel ©201...

Popular posts