Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Roxanne- a portrait

portrait study: oil on textured wood panel 10 x 20"

This support was kindly given to me one night by another artist when I was at loose ends and came to painting group with all but my canvas! Don't you just hate when that happens??? Best laid plans...I don't usually paint on a rough surface for portraits, nor do I choose this narrow layout but beggars can't be choosers. So, I threw caution to the wind and just dove right in. Of course, this came out better than expected. Some times serendipity works in your favor.
I really enjoy painting Roxanne. She is a regular, with an exotic appeal.
Post a Comment

Ode to Spring:Cherry Blossoms

Spring.  Ahh how lovely  the cherry blossoms! new work at Art on 4th Ave NW Hendersonville, NC Spring 12x12 oil on panel ©201...

Popular posts