Sunday, May 17, 2009

St.George on George St.-landscape oil study of light

oil on raymar canvas board 10 x 8"

The light was just right one afternoon, as I dropped my artwork off for the last show at FCCA. I love this small town,one of the many Civil War battlefield sites in Virginia.It is pure Americana, picturesque, on the Rappahannock river,has a large University and is only an hour or so from Richmond and, on a good day, to Wash DC.

This is one of those paintings that appears on many souvenir postcards or art cards by local artists( like me and
Elizabeth Seaver,my online friend, whom I met in person, just this last Friday in her studio at Liberty Town Arts!)
I believe Lincoln gave a speech directly across the street from this church.

I don't do many painting with buildings but the light on the steeple begged my attention, so I thought I would play around a bit with perspective and light. This study may end up a larger painting some day.
Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 available This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I ...

Popular posts