Monday, May 04, 2009

Symphonic Pause

Vine Charcoal on paper 19 x 15"

Felt like drawing tonight after playing with the gray paint this a.m. I love charcoal almost as much as oil paint. Used to use it often when I was teaching full time. It has been awhile since I just sat and drew something.

This year, in Richmond, our symphony gave their concerts in local churches while their concert hall was under construction. I was able to get up close very often. What a delight it was to see each musician from different angles. I love to watch the expressions of the musicians as they play or while at rest.

This captured one of those special introspective moments.
Post a Comment

Asheville Gallery of Art Show, North Carolina

Grounded: Landscapes Real and Imagined I had the pleasure of speaking with visitors upon finishing with the hanging of my show yesterda...

Popular posts