Friday, June 26, 2009

Portrait: wip



part 3 and part 6 today. Tomorrow the full figure!( I think:-))And maybe a slide show for this one too.

The bottom is #3. You can compare the two. Brush work can me seen readily in the closeups. Sorry for the enormous sizes, but I haven't yet bought the software to reduce them, for my new mac. Am trying to work with the camera browser. The top image a a wee bit out of focus. It is not your eyesight!

I have softened the face and am darkening the background. Adding some bright notes on the dress. The last step will be a cool glaze over the background to push it back and quiet it down.
I am so enjoying the slowing down to attend to many issues while painting. I think I will put away the idea of a painting a day for now. I am still a daily painter in that I do paint every day, so I will be posting pretty much 3 times a week or so. I prefer the larger format to the 6x6, so one a day is a bit herculean to expect. So..don't go away, I am still here:-)).

I have plenty of things to paint!! And that is what I am going to do.
I will post more things like this in the future. Hopefully with an eye to instruct again. I very much appreciate people who share their time and talent in this fashion, and often visit those sites, so I would like to do that, too.
And of course, do the occasional Challenge. I have enjoyed those very much and the camaraderie it has bred among us.
I am so very thankful for that.
So, see you tomorrow.
Back to the easel.


Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 available This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I ...

Popular posts