Friday, August 14, 2009

Portrait of a young boy:"Cole in Fields of Gold"




"Cole In Fields of Gold"©2009 C.L.Burgess 14 x 18" oil on canvas board

I painted this portrait of my grandson again a bit larger than I did last year. I thought the small painting was indescript...just another litte boy..cute but not really him. This one says 'Cole' to my satisfaction.
This is still wet and the photo light is warm but it is pretty true to the image.
Been playing with that gamma adjustment again to get the up load true to the image painted.

This child is so photogenic and a real ham when the camera comes out these days...so to have this one candid to work from was good. He was about 1 1/2 in this shot. He is 3 now.
Guess I must paint his sister, too, or I will have hell to pay down the line.
Post a Comment

Off the Rails : Abstraction

Preventing madness by making art. Abstraction serves this purpose well. Also preparing for another show in October. Part 2 of Grounded:...

Popular posts