Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Child's Portrait : About Face

Mischief in White©2008C.L.Burgess oil on linen 11 x 14

This child, called Mackenzie, is a real imp, but in this painting I caught her introspection in a rare quiet moment. The original photo was b/w so I improvised the color since it was not a commission.
She just had this Renaissance thing going with the bow and white frills, which is why I kept the palette on the dark side.

I was just notified that this and one other portrait have been accepted into a portrait show called About Face at Liberty Town Arts Workshop in Fredericksburg, VA for the month of October.
Post a Comment

Asheville Gallery of Art Show, North Carolina

Grounded: Landscapes Real and Imagined I had the pleasure of speaking with visitors upon finishing with the hanging of my show yesterda...

Popular posts