Monday, September 21, 2009

Danish Danish oil on paper 6x6"

A Coffee and Danish Monday©2009 C.L.Burgess oil on mat board 6x6"


The title of the post refers to the baker from whom I bought the danish.(actually it is a chocolate croissant, but who cares?) I used to have a neighbor who traveled from Fairfax, VA to Germantown, Maryland to buy Danish from a Danish baker. She, of course,was Danish. She used to buy some for me, too, bless her heart. That was 20 yrs ago.

Not until we came to visit my son and family in Denver, did we ever again taste anything so scrumptious. Got this mmm good, absolutely decadent delight at the farmer's market. To where I will return until I leave CO.
I like painting pastry and bread, I have found. For me, the portrait painter, they serve as a warm up of sorts to learning more about painting skin tones.
For me the foodie, they provide comfort and delight. With a hot cup of Java,perhaps a good friend at the table,well, nothing beats that.
p.s.Carol King, this one's for you!:-)


Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 sold This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I have ...

Popular posts