Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Milk and Cookies,Too

Milk and Cookies, Too©2009 C.L.Burgess 6x6"acrylic on canvas

Sometimes revisiting a concept in another medium is a good thing.

In this case it is for me,because I am literally under duress from many things, one of which is packing for a long trip. I love to travel. I hate to pack.(So, I think I will blog instead I said to myself. ADD kicking in about now..)
It is something about taking "the stuff" with me. The late comedian, George Carlin, once did a hilarious routine on dragging one's stuff around. That is when you are an average person. But then, add to that, things that an oil painter needs. You get the picture?
So, as laundry is spinning, dishes are washing, bags waiting on the bed next to a pile of summer and winter attire to sort and choose from(first to Florida, then Colorado), plants waiting to be watered,bills to be paid, artwork delivered,I sit here posting artwork,am still putting some finishing touches on a painting and in general, procrastinating on that packing.

This image is a reinvention of an earlier one I did in oil. I like this one much better because I was able, in a short amount of time, to create a richer texural piece.I find that the time constraint of quick drying acrylic helps me me be more decisive about laying down paint. Additionlly, that impatient streak in me is satisfied as well.
Had a lot to accomplish these past couple of days.
Yeah, and the packing...
And, did I mention the cookie break?

This will go into an exhibit that I heard about from Margery Caggiano. It is in NYC and you can find out more from visiting this site for the 6x6Gallery link: http://store.6x6gallery.com/
So a big thanks to Margery, who passed on the info from Chris Beck,(thank you too).

uh, did I need to do something else?...hmmm..
....where is that zanax, anyway?

Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 available This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I ...

Popular posts