Thursday, September 24, 2009

Portrait of a Woman:Retro Girl...and some good news...


This is a segment of a larger work that is unfinished. It is also part of a series in the works I have waiting for me in VA after I return home from my journey out west.

I also have some news...my little milk and cookies can be seen here:

And I was also one of twenty finalists for a portrait show in Herndon, VA called "Expressions" which will open on Sept.29 and run until Oct 25.
The juror was Henry Wingate. The portrait chosen was "Elka". I am honored to have been selected. If any of you can see it for me I would be so grateful. Seems all the things I have entered into are showing while I am gone.

It appears this year has been my year to "emerge". I really think that is a strange term, since I think of it as mid career recognition, since I have been making art since I was 12 and selling it since I was 16. May not be on the cover of Art magazines yet or ever, but I have never considered myself anything but an artist and teacher. It defines me.
And these events still surprise me.
They make me feel happier at the easel, although I would be there regardless.
Again, part of enjoying successful moments is sharing those good times with people who have helped with feedback, bought my work, and in general been good supportive colleagues in this wonderful journey through art. Thank you!

Post a Comment

Off the Rails : Abstraction

Preventing madness by making art. Abstraction serves this purpose well. Also preparing for another show in October. Part 2 of Grounded:...

Popular posts