Thursday, October 08, 2009

Colorado Skies

The Power and the Glory©2009 C.L.Burgess oil on linen 8x10"

"Take It easy, take it easy
Don't let the sound of your own wheels
drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can
don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
and take it easy" from the Eagles best hits song lyrics

As I prepare to leave colorful Colorado, I have to say that my landscape painting challenge will always be the skies out west. I did this small study of an in coming storm to capture the reverence I have for the openness out here and the immensity of power the change of weather displays.
This painting is still wet so I apologize for the bit of glare.

The trip this fall has been blessed with visual spendor, gatherings with son, wife and grandchildren, a dear old friend from Virginia and meeting new friends. I happily met fellow artist blogger, Pam Holnback, who graciously gave me a tour of the awesome The Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. While I did not get to meet up with Jala Pfaff or R. Garriot as I had hoped, I did get to see R.'s work up close. Delightful and pleasing to the eye in person as online.

I have also been awarded the Kreative Blogger award by Rodica Voicu. Thank you Rodica!
[page7_blog_entry770_1[1].jpg]

I will post again upon my return to my studio and home in Virgina.
Time to hit the road listening to the Eagles, Willie Nelson, and Linda Ronstadt.
Happy painting and have a great weekend, "Take it Easy" my friends.


Post a Comment

Off the Rails : Abstraction

Preventing madness by making art. Abstraction serves this purpose well. Also preparing for another show in October. Part 2 of Grounded:...

Popular posts