Thursday, October 22, 2009

Portrait of a Woman wip: Maybe Later

Maybe Later©2009 C.L.Burgess oil on linen 10x12"

What is she thinking?
This still needs some fine tuning...or I may just paint it again, but larger. Basically I am happy with the idea but since I am unable to paint in my studio(I am still on the road,well, actually I am at the shore for a while) this will do for now. I took the photo outdoors and there is some glare, still wet. I worked on this in incandescant light at night, at a dining table. No the best scenario, but hey, the masters painted by candlelight, right? so who's to complain?
It looks good inside and now I am looking at it outside on the easel, still works. I may deepen the background darks a bit and turn the form a little on the left.
The model is my lovley daughter in law Mary, the photographer, my husband. Family affair, this one.

Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 sold This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I have ...

Popular posts