Friday, November 13, 2009

Figurative Painting: "Retro Girl"

Retro Girl©2009 C.L.Burgess 20h x16w oil on linen

The model for this painting, Elka, does seem to change with the dresses she chooses for her sittings. And since this is not a commissioned piece, I took some artistic liberty with the face and the environment.
In this pose, I had two opposing light sources, one natural north and the other a low incandescent bulb which I exaggerated for a bit of drama, like finding her in a speakeasy in the days of prohibition. The original backdrop was silver and very cold, so I opted for the complement greenish gray to the maroon of the flapper like dress.

Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 available This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I ...

Popular posts