Thursday, November 05, 2009

Portrait:Young Woman with Shawl

Young Woman with Shawl©2009 C.L.Burgess

I am glad to be home after all my adventures these past 10 weeks. I missed my studio.

I returned to open portrait group, raring to go, last night and this is the image I captured in the 2 1/2 hour session. Pretty girl. Felt good to do a live sitting again. The model thought I had captured her likeness very well which really pleased me to hear. JS Sargent's comment "Every time I paint a portrait, I lose a friend" is always lurking in the back of my mind when I do these. Speaking of him.....
I think I will run down to the Corcoran to see the Sargent and the Sea show this weekend or week coming up. His work always inspires and invigorates me.

It is always good to come home to good news, too. I just found out that my still life painting The Inheritance found a home! It was a work I had juried in at Art at the Mill in Berryville,Va, this past month. It embodied many meanings for me, so I am glad that someone loved it enough to purchase.

Have a good weekend! Back to the easel...

Post a Comment

Ode to Spring:Cherry Blossoms

Spring.  Ahh how lovely  the cherry blossoms! new work at Art on 4th Ave NW Hendersonville, NC Spring 12x12 oil on panel ©201...

Popular posts