Thursday, January 14, 2010

Return of the Red Shoes

Kicked Back©2010C.L.Burgess oil on cradled wood 30 x 30"

Ok..Good news...sold a painting from the restaurant, Bread and Water and also was asked to fill the back of another location. Six more big paintings to get done pronto.
I had started a painting of the infamous red shoes a while back and then proceeded to sand it down when I got the idea to just improve on the composition. The shoes were painted well, I thought, but ill placed on the large square. Necessity being the mother of invention, and a stroke or two of creativity and perhaps a bit cliche, I thought...hmm, this will be in a restaurant that serves fine wine with meals. Remembering how that relaxes me, anyway I invented a different story for the shoes.... and the play with different reds in the same composition was good, too... I added to the composition and voila...one down and five to go. The owner's wife saw this already and thought it was good to go so, phew! on to the next one...
Post a Comment

Remebering: plein air sky

There is something about the open sky and water sounds that invite contemplation about the greater mysteries of this world and our pl...

Popular posts