Friday, February 26, 2010

Child with Ice Pop watercolor painting

Pause in the Day's Occupation©2010C.L.Burgess 6x4 watercolor

As I sit here freezing at the shore in South Carolina(!), my mind wandered back to the heat of the summer and my grandson stopping for quick snack. He had one of those squeeze pops of ice and was salivating as he opened it, and I managed to sneak a photo knowing it would eventually be painted. but this could be any boy or girl, I guess.
The love for children expressed in Longfellow's poem The Children's Hour came to mind;hence the title. This little watercolor sketch will grow into an oil painting when I get home.

Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 available This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I ...

Popular posts