Monday, February 08, 2010

Figurative painting in pastel

Down in SOHO©2006C.L.BURGESS artist's collection

In the spirit of the Ashcan School but not for the FTM challenge.
Just figured a break from my recent wip images was in order. I won an honorable mention for this in one of the first times I entered a competition. I took the photo, that was the source, of a man in NYC looking real tired and sad. I was, in fact, thinking that it did remind me of the subject of paintings that Sloan, Henri and the Eight did. I like to draw so I used pastel. I may revisit this image and try it in oil. (11x14 on sand paper)
Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 sold This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I have ...

Popular posts