Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Genie's Lamp and Children's Blocks oil painting




Wishes and Dreams of Genie©2010C.L.Burgess 8x8 oil on cradled wood $300.

A dream is a wish your heart makes.....remember that? We all dream. I dream in color, do you?
Have to look into how rare that is or what is means.....maybe some of you know?

One of the series I am am working on includes children's blocks. They are a hot collector's item at the moment. Glad I bought mine a while back...I have seven paintings done in various sizes and this is but one of them. I have decided to make a birthday card from this image since it suits the idea of wishes. The lamp in the picture has been used before in a painting of mine called Dream Rider which was juried into a show locally about three years ago. The lamp is a challenge to paint. But a fun one. It was a gift to me on my 50th birthday by a very close friend who knew I had dreams yet to come true. I am sure it will pop up again from time to time.
A talisman of possibility and hope.
Post a Comment

Asheville Gallery of Art Show, North Carolina

Grounded: Landscapes Real and Imagined I had the pleasure of speaking with visitors upon finishing with the hanging of my show yesterda...

Popular posts