Monday, March 29, 2010

Figurative Painting: Mother and Child


Unconditional©2010C.L.Burgess 16 x 20 oil on canvas

Well, I hung the show at the Fredericksburg Center for the Creative Arts yesterday. This coming Friday is the opening reception. I am relieved and happy. It looks good.
This image is one of the 24 pieces I have for show and sale. I hope to take more photos on opening night. Working on getting some press, sending cards out etc. And getting other work ready for another show here in Richmond on the 18th.

me and husband the framer/asst installer in front of "our work" at FCCA
I have to mention that my husband has become quite the framer since I needed over 40 simple frames real fast. Remember, he bought me that saw? Well, I was petrified about chopping off my fingers. So... He happily rose to the occasion and is so confident now, that he is thinking of marketing his handiwork. However, I told him he had better rethink that idea and remember that I come first! Cocky, he is.
Post a Comment

Asheville Gallery of Art Show, North Carolina

Grounded: Landscapes Real and Imagined I had the pleasure of speaking with visitors upon finishing with the hanging of my show yesterda...

Popular posts