Thursday, March 18, 2010

Portrait of a Man: Mike


Mike with cap©2010C.L.Burgess 14 x 11 oil on canvas


Mike©2010C.L.Burgess 20x16 oil on canvas

Since yesterday was St. Patrick's Day, we decided to ask Mike, the most Irish guy we know to pose. I almost didn't go, wasn't at the top of my game. In fact when I got there, I realized that I had no support on which to paint, I was so disorganized. Luckily, fellow painter Newton had an extra canvas to give me. Had to produce after all! And, I also got fed shepherd's pie and wine by Maria the group organizer...so it wasn't bad an evening after all.
The top photo still wet, I did yesterday. The bottom is Mike from a couple of months ago.
Post a Comment

Off the Rails : Abstraction

Preventing madness by making art. Abstraction serves this purpose well. Also preparing for another show in October. Part 2 of Grounded:...

Popular posts