Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wyoming Ram: oil painting mini-demo

Ram©2010C.L.Burgess oil on cradled wood 16 x 16



Blogger Gary Keimig offered this photo for a challenge. What a nice respite from the human forms and faces I have been painting for my upcoming shows.
I thought some of you might like another small in process. Total time on this one which is larger was about 6 hours give or take. I find I like animal portraits as well. This was done with a limited palette of earth red, earth yellow, prussian blue, cad red, white. No medium. Part palette knife part brush after a quick and fixed underdrawing in conte.
Gary is posting others in case you haven't seen them yet. All are pretty fantastic. Thanks, Gary!
Post a Comment

Ode to Spring:Cherry Blossoms

Spring.  Ahh how lovely  the cherry blossoms! new work at Art on 4th Ave NW Hendersonville, NC Spring 12x12 oil on panel ©201...

Popular posts