Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Country Road oil painting

Country Road©2010 oil on linen 10 x 12 $375

....take me home...remember that John Denver song? Gosh, I liked his music. I passed this and many scenes like it on the way to Denver to see my grand babies last year.
Whenever I travel out west and it is not my turn to drive, I take shots of the countryside for use as subject matter, other wise, as I drive, I just marvel at this land. Most people think I am crazy to drive at all, but I find it so appealing. I never need to rush anywhere anymore, so why not? No other way to understand how big and grand everything is in the USA. Perhaps too, I just heard Dinah Shore sing that TV commercial "see the USA in your Chevrolet" one too many time!LOL

This image is included in my current show. Which, by the way, had a nice reception last Sunday. Someone there remarked on how my trees "really look like trees". I guess that person had seen other work perhaps not as convincing. Anyway, I thought that was a compliment.
I want to do more landscapes. My next will probably be that Moose running in a field for Gary Keimig's Wilderness Art Challenge. I may just go visit him someday when I am out West. Seems like a very interesting man as well as a strong artist. He lives not too far from a place I have been eager to visit: Jackson Hole and the Grand Tetons.
Post a Comment

Ode to Spring:Cherry Blossoms

Spring.  Ahh how lovely  the cherry blossoms! new work at Art on 4th Ave NW Hendersonville, NC Spring 12x12 oil on panel ©201...

Popular posts