Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Figure in a Garden: The Gazing Ball

The Gazing Ball©2010C.L.Burgess 20 x 24 oil on canvas

or should it be called Reflection? Does anybody sit and look at these things? I never take the time to just sit. Anyway...
The light was dappled over the garden and the figure which made for a lovely day painting outside in early spring last year. I left it sitting in a corner of my studio most of the year waiting to be tweaked and when I finally got around to it, I decided to include it in this new show.
I am having a one woman show at St Mathias Episcopal Church's Fine Art Series 2010 on Huguenot Rd. in Richmond VA, this Sunday, April 18th, reception at 5 p.m. through the end of April. It is a recent show of works, among 30 other pieces including landscapes and still life.
Will post another work from it tomorrow.
Thank you all, for your wonderful comments on the recent FCCA show post and portrait. I was gone for a week
(needed a break after painting like a maniac for these two shows, so those of you who think I had not read them...I did... and responded today.)
I look forward to hearing from you. It gladdens my heart. Thank you! And welcome to new followers once more.

Back to portrait group this evening. We are painting a young boy. Should be a hoot. Can a twelve year old sit still for 3 hours???? We shall see. :-)


Post a Comment

Asheville Gallery of Art Show, North Carolina

Grounded: Landscapes Real and Imagined I had the pleasure of speaking with visitors upon finishing with the hanging of my show yesterda...

Popular posts