Thursday, May 06, 2010

Portrait of a Man: Two Sides of Kenneth


Profile of Kenneth©2010 C.L.Burgess Kenneth©2010C.L.Burgess

Kenneth was our model last night at open portrait studio. I had two small canvases with me and did these portraits in under 2 hours. Painting under THE influence again...very good feeling to know when to call it quits.
For  those of you who paint portraits...do you find men or women easier to paint? It was a topic of discussion between me and another painter. I never gave it much thought, as I find interest and challenge in both genders. My fascination and draw is whether I can convey the interior of the person as well as a likeness.
Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 sold This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I have ...

Popular posts