Friday, June 18, 2010

Young Male Portrait/opinion poll

Jameson©2010C.L.Burgess 14 x 11 oil on canvas panel

Had a good evening yesterday. This young man was an excellent model. This is a 2 hr study. I stopped short of putting in a darker background. There is something about the neutral gray that enhances the fleshtones, so I passed on the traditional green. Next week on Friday I will post a figure study.

Another blogger friend and I were discussing the merits of the new reality show on Bravo TV called Work of Art, the next great artist. I put a poll on the sidebar to see what others think...just curious is all. If you are interested, it airs on Wed at 10 p.m. Then take the poll. If you want to leave a cmment about it feel free, too.


Have a good weekend all! I will spend some time visiting you and catching up over the weekend as I prep canvases for some of the challenges out there.

Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 sold This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I have ...

Popular posts