Monday, July 12, 2010

Skyscape


                     A Sailor's Delight©2010C.L.Burgess 18 x 24 oil on canvas

Have you ever sailed at sunset? I remember a schooner trip I took where I got to man the ship for a bit and it was truly delightful.  Now I don't know about the others who were on board...they did not seem to panic at all. My, now that is trust.
As cliched as some might find the image to be, I never tire of it. The sky was really like this one evening, as I observed from shore. The Power, that is, wielding its own paintbrush for all. I worked this larger image from a small fast and furious plein air sketch I did as the sun went down. 

Post a Comment

Ode to Spring:Cherry Blossoms

Spring.  Ahh how lovely  the cherry blossoms! new work at Art on 4th Ave NW Hendersonville, NC Spring 12x12 oil on panel ©201...

Popular posts