Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Landscape

 
Refuge©2010C.L.Burgess 9x12 oil on panel

I hope with all my heart that there will be painting in heaven. Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot


This is not so much a real place as an idea. The cool atmosphere and light can provide a counterpoint to the oppression one feels outside and in. River scenes are contemplative and soothing to the spirit of both painter and observer, I have experienced. I thought Refuge an apt title, because the viewpoint of the sublime herein is compact and tucked away. I wanted to convey open air not so much as vastness than as intimacy.

I have been invited to teach a plein air workshop this October in North Carolina.
I will post more details shortly.
Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 available This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I ...

Popular posts