Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Singer Castle oil Painting


Singer Castle©2010 C.L.Burgess oil on linen 16 x 20

What woman wouldn't envy a girl marrying her man in a castle even in the 21st century?
My nephew will marry in the rose garden of this incredible former home of the Singer Sewing Machine magnate this coming Saturday. It is on the Dark Island, one of the  thousands of the Thousand Island region of upstate New York on the St. Lawrence River.
This painting is a gift to them from me. Painting buildings was a challenge as they are not among my favorite subjects...but I think it came out ok. I used my own photo resources for it. Hard painting plein air from a boat!LOL
This is one photo I took the other day from our pontoon. for more info you can go to:
http://www.singercastle.com/
Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 sold This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I have ...

Popular posts