Thursday, September 30, 2010

Portrait in graphite: wip continued

                                       Day 4 pm ALMOST FINISHED!

                                   Day 4    am

These are the two versions of Shenille from today.
The am version is where I began...still lots of form to turn, blotches to fill and pushing an pulling the surface.
The top version's pencil was put down at 4pm after 6 hours of work.
How the time flies.  I have begun to use a softer grade pencil...to get in some darker passages.
What is great is that Matthew thinks it is a good drawing and the model said...That's me!
Always great to hear.
Tomorrow is our last day. No doubt I can still do more to make it as perfect as I can.
Post a Comment

Asheville Gallery of Art Show, North Carolina

Grounded: Landscapes Real and Imagined I had the pleasure of speaking with visitors upon finishing with the hanging of my show yesterda...

Popular posts