Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Landscape in oil: Mesa Storm

 Storm Over Mesa©2010C.L.Burgess oil on linen 16 x 20


New Mexico is rightly called the Land of Enchantment. I love the drama of the skies especially on evenings like this painting depicts. I was facing north towards Abiquiu on a cliff overlooking the Rio Grande River in Los Alamos. Photos never quite do a scene justice, don't you think? That's why I had to paint, not only the reality of the incoming storm, but how I felt about it.


Lots on my plate right now. Postings will be less frequent as I get ready for my plein air workshop in North Carolina and my upcoming show in November. See sidebar.


Thanks for your visits and kind comments, my friends. Will be over to see you soon.
Happy painting and creating!
Post a Comment

Ode to Spring:Cherry Blossoms

Spring.  Ahh how lovely  the cherry blossoms! new work at Art on 4th Ave NW Hendersonville, NC Spring 12x12 oil on panel ©201...

Popular posts