Monday, October 25, 2010

Contemporary Still life: Red Pears by Virginia Fine Artist Cathyann Burgess

                         Seeing Red©2010C.L.Burgess oil on cradled wood 10 x10

I have been teaching young men again full time for the past two weeks and have little energy at day's end for painting, sadly. Teenagers do that to you. :-) Happily tired, I still managed to lift a brush to dash this all prima off in the afternoon sun coming into my studio. I hope to post more regularly as my tenure comes to an end in November.
There are so many interesting things to paint, but sometimes the pear is just the most seductive form. And...red...my favorite and most challenging color. Who could ask for more?
Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 available This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I ...

Popular posts