Monday, November 29, 2010

A November Rose oil painting

                              Grand Finale©2010 C.L.Burgess oil on linen 6x6
I picked this rose for myself from the garden of the school where I formerly taught art and  also ate lunch with my colleagues when the weather was glorious enough to get out of the dreary lunchroom and away from boisterous teenage boys.
I just finished an 8 week stint subbing for the young woman whom I hired to take my place, who was on maternity leave. There was laughter again and some groans.
It was a bittersweet experience. But I am glad to have gone back, if only to certify that I made the right decision to take leave when I did. I missed being in the studio doing what
I need to do with the rest of my life. I have noticed that I really get cranky when I can't paint. (as does my husband, on the receiving end of that). I am sure some of you out there who have made the same decision understand, right?
The rose lasted the week unfolding its beauty with the clarity in the message of closing doors and moving ahead. Had to capture that and be mindful.
Bittersweet November. Sounds like a good movie title. Ooops...oh yeah..it was!(Sweet November, a great movie both old and newer one) :-)
Have a great week, all
Post a Comment

Off the Rails : Abstraction

Preventing madness by making art. Abstraction serves this purpose well. Also preparing for another show in October. Part 2 of Grounded:...

Popular posts