Friday, November 19, 2010

Still life Oil Painting: Afternoon on a Sill

   
Quince:Afternoon on a Sill©2010C.L.Burgess oil on linen raymar panel 6x8
$250.00 plus $5 shipping and handling




                                                        
I was a bit jealous of my mother's gardening prowess when her quince bush bore some small fruit in this last burst of warm air in early autumn. I noted that her bushes had thorns and mine did not. I love the flowering quince and of course ran home to see if mine had any fruit and had missed it. No. And no thorns either. So while the latin name was similar on the tag and we bought the bushes together, clearly they were different. She kindly let me have one to use for my still life in afternoon light on the windowsill of my studio. Mom's are nice like that.
Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 available This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I ...

Popular posts