Friday, February 18, 2011

Figurative Friday- Portrait Drawing- Children's Museum of Richmond Benefit

So Serious ©2011 8x10 Graphite

I was asked to provide a donation for a benefit to raise funds for the Children's Museum of Richmond. The gala is tomorrow night. This is one of two images I will provide to present my skills for auction. The attendees will bid on an 8x10 drawing I will provide of their child in graphite or charcoal. My grandchildren have enjoyed that museum and I thought it would be only fitting to support this initiative to keep it up and running. It also is a gentle way to market one's work.
Every time I sit and draw I wonder why I don't do it more often. I enjoy it so much.
This is graphite on Strathmore 400 drawing paper. It is a good rag quality but does not suffer moisture well. A little sweaty hand can really wreck your efforts, so if you try it out put a piece of paper under your hands and work from top down.
Have a great weekend.
Post a Comment

Ode to Spring:Cherry Blossoms

Spring.  Ahh how lovely  the cherry blossoms! new work at Art on 4th Ave NW Hendersonville, NC Spring 12x12 oil on panel ©201...

Popular posts