Friday, March 04, 2011

Figurative Friday- Woman's Portrait by Virginia Fine Artist Cathyann Burgess

Portrait of Emily©2011C.L.Burgess oil on canvas 14 x 11

This week our model was Emily who was outstanding. In order to arrive at a more finished image in 3 hours or less, I have reduced to 14 x11 from 16 x 20 canvas. I really am pleased with this one. I used as much of a glazing technique as I could during a one 3 hr session attempt. Started and remained thin and blended smoothly one color phase into the other, so much so, that one of my colleagues said it looked almost like a watercolor. I think the canvas texture had something to do with the effect. Sorry about the glare...wet paint.
When in classical class, I was told that one of the aims of classical drawing and painting was to NOT be able to identify the hand of the maker. Hmmm. What do you think about that?

Tonight is the "Everlasting Bouquets" show. Got to go spiff up and show up for cocktails and chats with prospective buyers and friends.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 available This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I ...

Popular posts