Friday, April 08, 2011

Figurative Friday- Portrait of a Young Woman

Morgan's Hair©2011C.L.Burgess

I cannot say enough what a pleasure it is to paint this young woman. This week I got an unusual view; almost a profile but not quite a 3/4. What happened was a slight rim light along the edge of her face. Her hair was what was most prominent. It is very dark and was illuminated very slightly, mostly again by reflections bouncing off of her shirt. This is one of those times that I search out, study and admire Velasquez and Sargent for....bringing form with minimum information out of a dark passage.
I only had a little more than three hours of the live sitting to get enough info to work towards finish at home. I did not have a camera...so I had to rely on memory this time.
Post a Comment

Asheville Gallery of Art Show, North Carolina

Grounded: Landscapes Real and Imagined I had the pleasure of speaking with visitors upon finishing with the hanging of my show yesterda...

Popular posts