Sunday, May 15, 2011

Peony Pinks

 Peony Pink©2011C.L.Burgess oil on paper 11x6 sold

My neighbor is a physician and an avid gardener. He brought me this lovely flower from his garden before the deluge last night that would surely have pummeled it to pieces.
A lovely surprise on an otherwise dismal afternoon lifted my spirits. 
Flowers can do that, as acts of pure generosity. Had to paint it. A fun filled alla prima hour for me.

Give me odorous at sunrise a garden of beautiful flowers where I can walk undisturbed.  ~Walt Whitman
A profusion of pink roses bending ragged in the rain speaks to me of all gentleness and its enduring.  ~The Collected Later Poems of William Carlos Williams
Post a Comment

Asheville Gallery of Art Show, North Carolina

Grounded: Landscapes Real and Imagined I had the pleasure of speaking with visitors upon finishing with the hanging of my show yesterda...

Popular posts