Thursday, September 08, 2011

Deer oil painting: The Culprit by Virginia Fine Artist Cathyann Burgess

The Culprit©2011C.LBurgess   6x8  oil on wood   sold
Art at the Mill    Fall   Oct 1- 16   2011
Clarke County Historical Association
Millwod, Va

I began enjoying the fruits of my labor in the small flower garden I keep, this end of summer, before the earthquake and hurricanes came. One day I had beautiful hosta, iris and daisies and then one morning, I found stubs of everything! I guessed it was the foraging deer family, which inhabits our bamboo forest at the other side of the creek that runs through the backyard.
Proof positive came at about 4 o'clock one sultry Sunday afternoon. A fawn was mosying along under my dining room window. He looked up as I was snapping him which resulted in the stare down. I had the culprit, guilty as suspected!
This painting and two others were juried into a  show called Art at the Mill in Berryville Va.
Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 available This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I ...

Popular posts