Tuesday, November 29, 2011

"Dog' has his day by Virginia Fine Artist Cathyann Burgess

Dog©2011 C.L.Burgess   6x8 oil on linen $175


Recently, I visited a gallery in Charleston SC and what caught and held my attention were some very beautiful paintings of course, but mostly a dog named Dog. We became instant friends. He invited me to scratch his belly as he lay upon an oriental rug. And he gave me a big smile for the photo op, so I just had to paint him. 


I am a person whose company dogs seem to enjoy. 
Even BIG dogs. Mostly BIG dogs. I am only 5 feet tall, so when approached by dogs that appear horse like, I am immediately concerned. 
And they always want tongue kisses!!! Yikes.


But....I do have affection for these God-given spirits to people. How can I not?
How many people actually jump for joy when you enter a room? Squeal with delight to see you? Take you for walks on even the dreariest of days?


So this week will be my tribute to dogs week. 
Got a few small paintings to "bark about", hee hee.
There will be about 3 finished paintings to share. Then back to the easel.


I will gladly accept commissions for your dog's portrait. 6x8 and larger.


Some other thoughts on the canine crowd:


"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'"
- Dave Barry

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
Gilda Radner

for more dog sayings go to this site I found :http://www.dogquotes.com/
Post a Comment

Remebering: plein air sky

There is something about the open sky and water sounds that invite contemplation about the greater mysteries of this world and our pl...

Popular posts