Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Landscape: A Soldier's Field by Virginia Fine Artist Cathyann Burgess

A Soldier's Field©C.L.Burgess 2012 oil on masonite panel 6x6 $175

Well this dreary day did help me accomplish something small but I am pleased with the result.
I spent much of the day staring out into my backyard and did several paintings of a tree that I like when it rains, but none of it worked...had no feeling, well at least not what I was feeling about it anyway. So out came the rag and I just swept 4 hours off the canvas and jumped head in to this image from a photo a friend sent me. I think this took less than an hour.
What can I say? Guess the time staring out the window worked afterall. And I love painting skies.
Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 available This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I ...

Popular posts