Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Up to a Challenge: Small Cityscape by Virginia Fine Artist Cahtyann Burgess

Out for a Drive©2012 C.L.Burgess 8x8 oil on raymar panel $175

Who of us can resist a challenge? This is my response to Terry Muira's posted challenge on Saturday. I have long admired Terry's work and am happy that he thought to do this.
I don't often do cityscapes which is one reason I thought I'd try. I also wanted to join in with my fellow bloggers, like Dana Cooper, whom I met through these challenges years ago when I first started blogging. It is also another reason to continue on with my palette  knife paintings this week.
I followed Terry's sage advice on eliminating the unnecessary and limiting the color palette. I am happy with my version and can't wait to see who else couldn't resist.


Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 available This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I ...

Popular posts