Friday, March 30, 2012

Winter Landscape Stowe VT by Virginia Fine Artist Cathyann Burgess

View at Stowe©2012 C.L.Burgess watercolor 6x8 nfs

While in Vermont this past weekend, I had a few quiet moments in the lodge we visited for a wedding. I had a new moleskin  and my watercolors with me, so I found a corner in the large living room, and spent the afternoon looking out at this scene among others, hot chocolate in hand. I rarely use watercolor except to make small sketches such as this one. They help me get the real colors down to accompany and inform the reference photos used for larger oils.
The wedding festivities went well. Some of us got to sleigh ride, also. I may paint the horses that pulled the bride and groom's sled through the snow.
Post a Comment

Asheville Gallery of Art Show, North Carolina

Grounded: Landscapes Real and Imagined I had the pleasure of speaking with visitors upon finishing with the hanging of my show yesterda...

Popular posts