Monday, April 02, 2012

A Dog Day 6x8" Original Impressionist Oil Painting by Virginia Artist Cathyann Burgess

Madden's Shadow2012 C.L.Burgess   oil on canvas panel 6x8 nfs

I have painted Madden before. His image got into Richeson's Small Works competition (Punchinello in sidebar).
He was happier then, as was I. He is my studio buddy. I painted this today as he came into my studio to rest and keep me company.
Madden was attacked two weeks ago today by an unleashed Corgi whose owner was irresponsible in containing his animal.
Maddy spent 10 days in hospital. He is still not right. He mood is sullen and he had a broken hyoid bone, collapsed larynx, lung damage among other things. He lost almost 3 lbs which at around 8 lbs is not good. But this little doggie has a big spirit, strong constitution whic is a mark of his breed and an enitre Vetrinary crew pulling for him besides our family.
We thank all our friends who have prayed for us through this and continue to inquire about Madden's recovery. He is, at the moment just a shadow of what he once was and is still not entirely out of the woods. But he is home and we love him.
Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 available This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I ...

Popular posts