Sunday, June 10, 2012

Shore Dog by Virginia Fine Artist Cathyann Burgess

Shore Dog©2012 C.L.Burgess oil on raymar canvas panel 6x8

Feast or famine seems to be the artist's life. Some days you are staring at a blank canvas far too long and then, all of a sudden there is not enough time to paint all that you want to or have to paint on deadline!

Recently consumed with grief over losing our Yorkie, Madden, I have come to accept the loss by visiting dog blogs, hearing other stories of loss and love in the world of dog owners and reading a fabulous book called The Art of Racing in the Rain.
I am also fortunate to have an outlet for processing my emotions through my ability to paint.

This is a painting done from a photo I took at Hilton Head this spring.  He looks wary of being called away from the water!
There will be more paintings to follow, as I am collecting images from readers of this blog, family, friends and of course, the unsuspecting souls who bring their dogs to the beach!

I will be having a show at the Dorchester, Md, Dorchester Center for the Arts celebration of animals in July. I will join fellow blogger and artist friend of mine, Margery Cagggiano there on opening night, the 14th of July. The show will be up for the month of July beginning July 4th, 2012.

I still have two weeks to paint more dogs, so, if you are so inclined, send me an email with  a jpeg of your puppy/dog and I will try to include it for the humane society/fine arts art show. If you give me written permission to paint from your image, and I do paint and show your pet, I will send you a free print of that painting as a sincere thank you from me and the donations it generates for the benefit of animals.

Post a Comment

Waterfall landscape in oil

                                     Little Falls ©2017 oil on wood 20 x 20 available This is one of 33 paintings in a one woman show I ...

Popular posts