Thursday, October 11, 2012

Autumn Landscape plein air by Virigina Fine Artist Cathyann Burgess

Stumped©2012C.L.Burgess oil on panel 9x12


Sometime nature's destruction takes on a kind of visual allure. This tree met its demise in a June derecho aka tornado. Before the tree people came to remove this giant oak, I thought I might do a plein air painting of it. Having stared at it for over four months, the colors of the earth and the curly roots set against the waning summer foliage caught my artist's eye one morning. It begged to painted. So, I did.

The back view no longer has this image, leaving more light for the remaining trees and plants to grow.
Something taken, something given. Autumn.



Post a Comment

Asheville Gallery of Art Show, North Carolina

Grounded: Landscapes Real and Imagined I had the pleasure of speaking with visitors upon finishing with the hanging of my show yesterda...

Popular posts